Thanks to the advancements in telemedicine, there are quality solutions available for those who cannot or don’t want to travel to a doctor’s office to get their advice. With telehealth, such individuals can get qualified medical advice from real doctors without having to do the effort to go and physically see them.
This saves them the time, the exertion and the additional expenses of travel and transportation that are involved with a typical doctor’s visit. With telehealth, there is no need for you to drag yourself all the way to the doctor’s office. There are no waiting lines for registration. And there are no requirements for you to put up with a crowd of patients who would rather take your place in the queue the first chance they get.
Instead, you can move forward with meeting your doctor right through your home by the use of your computer or your mobile device. All you need is an internet connection, and you can text, voice call or video chat with a qualified physician to get medical advice and prescription. This also applies to special services such the recommendation for a medical marijuana card.
But since the practice to get your medical marijuana card online is not that common, those who have never heard of the service or used it have a plethora of questions. If you are one such person with inquiries of your own, then the following breakdown of process would help you understand how exactly can you apply for and obtain a medical marijuana card online.
The Process to Get Your Medical Marijuana Card Online
In order to make sure that you can obtain a medical marijuana identification card in the first place, you need to check if your state allows such a program.
For instance, if you live in one of the 33 states where medical marijuana is legal, then you can safely contact medical marijuana doctors through a supported program. But there are nuances within each state’s laws that may prohibit you greatly.
For example, Texas is one of those states where medical marijuana is legal with some very strict regulations. This makes it quite difficult for the state’s residents to access it as compared to people in states such as California, where a California marijuana card is very easy to obtain.
If you live in a state such as California, then all you need to do is to reach out to a reliable telehealth portal that allows access to medical marijuana doctors. Then, you can follow the process outlined below.
- Register for the portal’s service with your personal information (check if it is HIPAA compliant to keep your information secure).
- Pay for the service according to the outlined fee using your credit or debit card, or any other payment method accepted by the company.
- Connect to a medical marijuana doctor.
- Discuss your symptoms and let your doctor assess your need for marijuana.
- If your doctor thinks that marijuana can actually help you, you will be given a prescription, recommendation or a medical marijuana card.
- This recommendation medical marijuana card would be also mailed to you in written form, so you could show it at a local cannabis dispensary.
- From there, you can obtain your medical marijuana legally.
That’s it. As outlined above, the process to obtain your medical marijuana card is fairly easy. Just make sure to use your marijuana responsibly, and tell your doctor if you think the treatment is not working for you.